To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, January 10, 2011

Dunlo, Cambria County

Another look at Dunlo - this time a picture postcard - street scene. Reader Karen M says: this is at the bottom of Huff Street. The building on the right is the Slovak Club and left is a theater according to my cousin Joe, but my mom says there was a store across the street. In the distance on the right, you can see Corpus Christi church tower which was closed last year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you do a 180 my house were I grew up is abot 200 yards downthe strret still live there to this day

Anonymous said...

Bulding on the left was Lakies dry goods & grocery store Movie was building on the left side out of sight. Building on right was /still is a tavern It also was the local union hall UMWA AS late as 1950's miners could shower their

Anonymous said...

I grew up on Huff street. Also, my grandfather still lives on that street... on the left next to the post office.

Anonymous said...

was good to see that picture of dunlo. what a great place to grow up. brought a lot of good memories back to me . bill k.