To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

J.H.S. - Lunch Time - 1931

Vintage Repeat - Lining up for lunch in 1931 - for a lot of these teenagers living during the Depression - this was probably the only good meal they enjoyed.
Sadly, even in 2012, there are still kids that depend on breakfast and lunch programs all across the country.

4 comments:

Ron said...

I wonder if they only had 30 minutes to eat?

AL said...

Even back in the 80s in high school I noticed that the line to get free/reduced lunch tickets was much much larger than the regular price line (the line I was in). I never understood this as most of those teens had nicer clothes, drove cars to school, and always had cash-on-hand. Of course, my parents were quite "frugal" then also.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to why all the guys are wearing suit and tie. Is it because they knew all these pics were being taken that day? Surely that was not normal dress for school.

Lisa Cacicia said...

I can assure you that this was the normal way to dress for many decades - Lisa