To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, February 27, 2011

1899 Sicilian Wedding Dress - Johnstown

This is a picture of my Aunt Mary Jane (Cacicia) Adams wearing the dress her grandmother Maria Sante (Runfolo) Vaccaro (1880 - 1932) wore when she married Fedele Vaccaro in 1899 in Castletermini, Sicily. Aunt Mimi, who now lives near Paris...Paris, Tennessee that is...is one of my biggest fans and says that the dress was kelly green. She's standing in our yard on K Street in Morrellville.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My papa and his family were from Casteltermini, Sicily. He was born in 1902. Do any of the names Arnone, Guarino, Agnello mean anything to you?

Lisa Cacicia said...

No - I wish they did - Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow. I ran across this accidentally. Maria Sante and Fedele Vaccaro were my grandparents. My father was their son James. Judging by your aunts maiden name, she must have been my Aunt Carmel's daughter. This is really cool to see this.