To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sicilian Housewives - 1920 - Johnstown

Old beat up photograph of my grandmother on the far right - Carmela (Vaccaro) Cacicia (1902-1969) who was born in Castletermini, Sicily. Standing next to her (with her hand on her shoulder) is her sister-in-law Anna (Cacicia) Sunseri (1890 - 1989) born in Trabia, Sicily. I'm not sure who the other three are - but I think one of them might be a Mrs. Urso.
I believe this photo was taken in front of the Sunseri home in Prospect around 1920.

5 comments:

PinkAcorn said...

I know I have an Anna Sunseri in my family..but sure there are many. Do you have another old photos of people from Trabia?

Anonymous said...

Is that Mrs Stephania Urso who was married to Nicola Urso From Niagara Falls NY

Anonymous said...

Is that Mrs Stephania Urso who was married to Nicola Urso From Niagara Falls NY

Lisa Cacicia said...

If you mean the one in white - that is an Urso - Lisa

Ed Urso said...

I thought that was a photo of my grandmother Stephania. Sunseris in Johnstown are cousins of ours Ed Urso