To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, March 17, 2011

1936 Flood - American Legion Aid Station

This is photo from reader Harold K - the arrow is pointing to his mother. He says - I was looking through my mother's old photographs for something else on the '36 Flood and came across this.  I thought the same thing about the route possibly being 219.  My family was living on Vine Street at the time of the flood.  My sister Betty tells me the story of how we (I was 2 yrs. old) had to "take to the hills."  She said my mother lost her wallet on the way up and my dad, who was carrying me,  had to go back and find it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the old green law offices on the corner of vine and franklin, where Jack had his salon before the building started to fall down???