To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fire Tower - Decker Avenue - Lower Yoder

Generations of kids have taken in the view at the Fire Tower - off of Decker Avenue in Lower Yoder Township. I especially love this early view of the tower sent in by reader Marge (Torchia) Stewart because of the fact that I spend quite a good bit of time exploring this section of Decker for Native American Sites.
The tower is still there as are those 'steps of death' as I call them. Just thinking about walking up to the top makes my legs shake. I have been to the top and walking down is even worse for me (trying not to look down). It was the same as when we had fire drills at Bheam School and those fire escapes that had the slits in them and shook the whole way down. 

No comments: