To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Jazz Along the River - May 2011

I know this really isn't 'vintage'  - but the tradition of groups gathering together in Cambria City is. And besides - I just love good food and music and 'Jazz Along the River' at St. Mary's Church in Cambria City is the perfect marriage of both. This experience isn't something you can buy admission to in a museum - it has to be lived.
It doesn't get any better than this - pierogi and pigs in the blanket. And I believe in starting them out young.
This is my 6 year old nephew RJ - we always walk down to Cambria City from Morrellville. He has been coming with me to these things since he was a baby. He had a very good time except for NO POPCORN!They usually sell it under the pavilion and they didn't have it this time. And he was very disappointed about that.
But he got over it. We always sit over on the river wall and feed the ducks. So since they didn't have popcorn....
I ended up buying a couple of hotdogs and he fed them everything - including bouncing the hotdogs down the riverwall. That's the Minersville Bridge in the background.
The ducks ate it all - they didn't care. I just hope ducks can digest hotdogs!
So we sit on the wall and enjoy the music and sights...
The now closed - but not forgotten St. Casimir Church.
I always stare up at this statue and wonder what would happen if it fell down...
And it doesn't get any better than finishing up the evening enjoying a gob! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David - OMGosh, GOBS... they call them whoopie pies here in Central PA. So I always feel it's my duty to inform those that do, as to the GOB...