To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, August 15, 2011

Luna Park Day - August 15, 1912 (Roxbury Park)


As Mayor of Vintage Johnstown. I declare today - Luna Park Day. Why, you may ask? Because every picture I will be posting today was taken on this date 99 years ago.
Luna Park Children's Playground Picnic - Watermelon Treat Counter - (Roxbury Park). Over 8,000 kids - plus 17,000 total attendance enjoyed a day of fun, games, rides and food - August 15, 1912. It was probably the only good time some of these kids would ever have and I wish I had a name to go with all of the faces. There is just so much to see here - it's a pure feast for the eyes. And one of my top 10 favorite images I have ever posted on this site. To see a better shot of some of the attractions in this picture CLICK HERE.

No comments: