To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rev. Louis Hanzel - Missionary to Japan - 1957

My grandmothers cousin Rev. Louis Hanzel - who spent his life as a Missionary. And on another note - he went over to Muranska Huta, Slovakia - where my family comes from and it was through his handwritten family tree that I was able to save time and money while writing a book on the history of the Hanzel Family.

2 comments:

Phil Miller said...

Thank you for posting this about Father Hanzel. I knew him Georgetown University, when he was a grad student. I was an undergrad, and we had friends in common. We lost touch after I graduated in'67, and I was saddened to learn of his death, in 1996. He was a sweet soul, so kind. He was the kind of priest that even I, a non-Catholic, found spiritually inspiring.

Unknown said...

I just saw this and am realizing we must be related. Father Hanzel was Uncle Louie to me, he is my father, Ladislaus Hanzel's youngest brother. I also had an opportunity to visit our relatives in Muranska Huta with my grandmother, my dad, and my Uncle Joe, back in 1977. It would be great to connect with you! I can be reached at KarenPatiSanibel@gmail.com, or by text or phone at 239-666-4929