To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Old West End Painted Ad


I see this old vintage painted ad all the time in the West End. So I thought I'd take some pictures of it. This only came to light - after crews tore down the old Koch's Store a couple of years ago. You used to play the lottery in this small building.
As you can see - most of it is far too faint to read. All I can get out of it - is this must have been an old gum ad - I'd say from the 1920's.
I went searching for old gum ad images - and came up empty.
So maybe one of you readers know what product this is.
If you do - let me know.
From this shot - it almost looks like it's giving the finger.
There more locations I have my eye on - similiar to this. So stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

D. Wms. said...

I took a bunch of pics of this last April. What I could find is that it is a 1927 Wrigleys Gum ad. Called a "Wrigleys P.K Chewing Sweet". 3 for $0.05 cents. "The Flavor Lasts". They used the smiley face pointed head figure in the mid/late 1920's. Do not know what the number painted on there is, if it is code for a date or a Ward designation or what?