To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sears Store - Downtown Johnstown - 1935


Reader Galen sent in THIS LINK to this one of a kind shot - courtesy of SFhobbies.com. You are looking at the inside of the Sears store in downtown Johnstown when it was located along Main Street. The year is 1935 and these are Sears Silvertone Radios - for more information of the Silvertone Brand CLICK HERE. I actually still have the old family Zenith standup radio from about 1939 - just like these - in great working order. A couple of years ago - my father re-wired it. I used to listen to the Shortwave Band and regular AM - until I moved over the summer - now unfortunately it sits in my attic - since I don't have the room for it.

No comments: