To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, March 22, 2012

West End "Good Luck Parade" Update


Posted this picture last year of the World War Two - "Good Luck" Parade at the corner of Virginia Avenue and Barron Avenue in Morrellville. Reader Darcie ran across this picture today and writes the following: "The store with the flag is Barna's. My grandfather/mother, John and Mary Barna owned it until the 60's and then my Aunt Beanie Vrabel and Mother Kay Fiore/Legarski bought it and ran it until the late 60's. My Uncle John Barna is on the porch of the store in the white coat (he was a butcher) and I see my Mother out in front with the blond tuft of hair in a head scarf! She was 19 in this photo! What great memories this has brought back! Thanks!!! BTW, the parade is going up Barron."

1 comment:

Marge Torchia Stewart said...

Beanie Barna was my mother's very good friend. Beanie was my mother's maid of honor and also my confirmation godmother. She was just such a special lady. I remember Kay also. Nice to hear about them in a post on this Johnstown blog.