To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Abandoned Johnstown


Today we look at the building at the corner of Broad Street and 6th Avenue.
 Walking around the building and shooting these pictures - at times I had to hold my breath - it smells that bad!
---------------------------
------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------------
----------------------------------
----------------------------------------
----------------------------
--------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
--------------------------------
---------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
 

 
 

9 comments:

Brian said...

I don't recall if a business was there or whether someone lived there. Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous said...

That used to be a Subway.

Joe said...

Was that a hotel with a tavern back in the early 50s or am I thinking of a building on the corner of Broad and Fifth Avenue?

Debra said...

As disgusting as the building is (and I'm afraid to know what's living inside it) I have to say, the vines growing on it are gorgeous and almost look like they were put there purposely as decoration!

Patrick said...

I'm curious to know what people think - should a building like that be saved, or demolished?

Ron said...

I would say it's too far gone for saving.

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some arsonist has this in flames one day.

Len said...

I wish I could remember what was in this building back in the 60s. But this just makes me sick to see this. If it smells as bad as you say then where is the mayor or city counsel to get this cleaned up. This is what makes Johnstown look so bad when visitors pass through.

Pete said...

This could be the new home for Johnstown's bag lady. There is lots of roof space for her buckets.

Anonymous said...

In first pict (top), first bldg to left (brown brick)on Broad Street was Spac's newsstand. I remember penny candy and Spac playing the squeeze box (small accoridian).