To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary - Vintage Johnstown


Hard to believe, because it seems like I have been doing this forever. But today is the Second Anniversary of Vintage Johnstown. Through thousands of posts and hundreds of comments in the past two years - I have learned that even in this modern 24/7 connected at the hip age...folks still love and want to learn more on the history of the area. This is my grandfather - Walter Lenz around 1915 posing on a rock in what I believe is the Stonycreek River. Most of the really older stuff comes from Walter - who saved everything he ran across that was interesting in his job as a garbage man in the 1930's and 40's.

3 comments:

Debra said...

Congratulations! And thanks so much for sharing all these wonderful photos and your knowledge of the area's history. I'm always learning something.

rick said...

Congratulations! But I know you, and you could post a whole lot more every day.

Becky Buchko said...

Congratulations! I am enjoying your posts immensely! :)