To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Who Knew...


I never really thought much about why LA Surplus was named LA Surplus - it wasn't a store I really went into very much and it held no draw to me - but I know others really liked the place. Well, as you can see - it was first called - Linda Alan - The Surplus Store - so now you know where the LA part came from. 

4 comments:

Becky Buchko\ said...

We used to shop LA Surplus for jeans ... and sold tee shirts to Marty. Great place. I thought it was named after Los Angeles for the style.

Thanks for posting this!

Debra said...

Loved this store, but what the heck does this ad say? If it doesn't EAT? Am I reading that correctly? :oD

Lisa Cacicia said...

I thought the same thing about 'eat' - doesn't make sense to me either - Lisa

Len said...

Wow! This solves one of the great mystery's of my youth in the '60s. I also thought it had something to do with Los Angeles. Went in there many times. Was Johnstowns top head shop. Also some great jeans.