To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Eppley's Store - Morrellville


This great shot of the old Lewis Eppley store in Morrellville was sent in by David McGuire who is a friend of Eugene Eppley of Southmont who will be turning 95 years young next month. The store was located at the corner of Chandler Avenue and Strayer Street. It was taken between 1914 to 1920. The people in the picture are: on the left, standing behind the counter, Lewis Eppley, the owner, who is Gene's grandfather and Curtis, Lewis' oldest son.
I dug this shot of Eppley's on the right hand side out of my archive. This was taken sometime in the 1950's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lewis is my great grandfather. Curt was my great uncle. My grandfather Warren Eppley quit school to help run the business