To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 23, 1947: Diary of a Johnstown Housewife

From the diary of Mrs. Elizabeth Oldham of Moxham
Sunday - March 23, 1947
Eddie got up and got breakfast and I got up and stayed up all day.
Mrs. Ripley (?) was here to see me today. And Leona & Joe was here Joe left for back to work in Ohio. 
I pity Leona. 
The following update is from one of Mrs. Oldham's great-grandchildren - Diane Pellow - she says:
"Joe, my grandfather was Leona' s, my grandmother's husband. He was a brick mason. His work often took him out of town. Leaving Leona alone. Hence the pity from my great grandmother. Eddie is Harry's son, Elizabeth's grandson. "

3 comments:

Diane Pellow said...

Joe, my grandfather was Leona' s, my grandmother's husband. He was a brick mason. His work often took him out of town. Leaving Leona alone. Hence the pity from my great grandmother.

Diane Pellow said...

Eddie is Harry's son, Elizabeth's grandson.

Paul Duca said...

Glad she's feeling better...