To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Film Archive Now Online

This isn't exactly Johnstown related - but I thought some of you readers might be as interested in this as I am. British Pathe has released its entire archive of 85,000 newsreels, documentaries and raw footage on Youtube. My dream job is to restore old films - so if you have a company that does that - call me and I'll come work for you. I can only imagine just how long this must have taken!
 British Pathé was once a dominant feature of the British cinema experience, renowned for first-class reporting and an informative yet uniquely entertaining style. It is now considered to be the finest newsreel archive in existence. Spanning the years from 1896 to 1976, the collection includes footage – not only from Britain, but from around the globe – of major events, famous faces, fashion trends, travel, sport and culture. The archive is particularly strong in its coverage of the First and Second World Wars. 

To enter the past - just CLICK HERE to go to their Youtube page. I know I shall be spending quite a bit of time there.

At the very end of this - is a shot of Mrs. Betty McAllister from Johnstown being crowned Mrs. America of 1950.
This one has sound:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!!