To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bruno's - Morrellville


 
VJ repeat  - A reader sent this great shot of my own neighborhood - at the corner of Fairfield Avenue - looking up Strayer Street in Morrellville. What makes this even better is on the right hand side - I finally have a proper picture of Bruno's Market. Charlie Bruno and my grandfather John Cacicia were best of friends. In fact - Charlie was my fathers Confirmation Sponsor. You would think I would have lots of pictures of the old market. But no - there are none in my family albums.
When I think of Bruno's - the first thing that comes to mind is chocolate popsicles. Remember how the wrappers were open on the bottom - you couldn't tell the difference in color between the chocolate ones and the root beer ones.

1 comment:

Len said...

What a great picture. Brings back many memories as I can remember waiting on the corner with my mother many many times for the bus or streetcar. Great picture of old Bruno's market.